[Incubator] incubation from nothing?

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Sep 22 16:35:22 EDT 2011

I had a similar discussion at FOSS4G with Bob Basques from GeoMoose. One
idea that came up was a kind of "Getting ready for OSGeo incubation
tutorial". Basically documenting all requirements and how to
achieve/meet them.

Bob might be interested in contributing to such a tutorial as GeoMoose
(eventually) goes through incubation.

Daniel

On 11-09-19 01:06 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:
> Hey Guys do we have any good references for people that are considering
> taking an internal project open source? I had two inquiries during the
> conference...
>
> It is not exactly in our mandate in the incubation committee (as we try
> and recognise project that are all set up; and check that things are in
> order - and help out if needed). That is slightly different projects
> that have not started out at all (as there is nothing for us to check).
>
> I feel that aiding this process would be very much in keeping with OSGeo
> goals; can any one recommend a good venue?

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/