[Incubator] Motion: OGC Team project

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 01:44:38 PDT 2012

Luis,
Our prior experience is that there is a non-trivial amount of work
involved in taking a project through the incubation process, which has
resulted in many projects taking much longer to incubate than expected.

Luis, has someone been resourced to spend the time required to go
through all the incubation criteria?
This includes such things as setting up processes in wikis, doing code
audits and writing reports about the audits, potentially adding
licencing messages to code, writing installers for OSGeo-Live, along
with Project Overviews and Quickstarts, and many other small things.

Before voting, I'm looking to hear a commitment that there will be
someone allocated to take on these incubation tasks.

On 3/10/2012 3:09 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:
> Frank made the following motion:
>
> "FrankW_ motions to recommend OGC Team project for incubation with
> Justin DeOlivera as mentor."
>
> Support:
> - Jody Garnett +1
> - Daniel Morissette +1 (seconded)