[Incubator] Status Report Rasdaman September 2013

Peter Baumann p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
Tue Aug 27 23:05:48 PDT 2013

Hi all,

Currently we have to prepare the review of a large 11-partner project we
coordinate, so all forces are tied; in fall we can (and will) come back to the
issue - see my earlier mail. (Seems like a nice match with Bruce's time off,
actually.)
cheers,
Peter

On 08/28/2013 06:22 AM, Jody Garnett wrote:
> Note I did offer the recent round of QGIS PMC elections as an alternate model.
> An project steering committee does not have to open participating
> organisations up to undue risk.
>
> On Wednesday, 28 August 2013 at 1:38 PM, Bruce Bannerman wrote:
>
>> Jody,
>>
>> I'll submit this report now, as I'm about to go off-line for around two months.
>>

>> Members of this committee will probably recall a recent spate of emails
>> relating to Rasdaman's self proclaimed 'Benevolent Dictatorship' approach to
>> project governance.
>>
>> Since this time, I have not seen any open discussion on this issue within the
>> community's lists. The lists have also been noticeably quieter than normal.
>>
>> I will wait until I return in two months time to see if there has been any
>> further development with this issue, prior to recommending a course of action
>> to the OSGeo Incubation Committee and Board.
>>
>> Bruce

Dr. Peter Baumann
    mail: p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
    tel: +49-421-200-3178, fax: +49-421-200-493178
    www.rasdaman.com, mail: baumann at rasdaman.com
"Si forte in alienas manus oberraverit hec peregrina epistola incertis ventis dimissa, sed Deo commendata, precamur ut ei reddatur cui soli destinata, nec preripiat quisquam non sibi parata." (mail disclaimer, AD 1083)