[Incubator] GeoMoose Incubation Checklist

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 22:45:02 PDT 2013

Okay rather than nominating GeoMoose, and everyone reviewing the checklist at the last moment….

Here is the checklist now:
- http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GeoMoose_Incubation_Checklist

Discussion is open if you have any questions, everything looks in order from my point of view.

A couple of notes from my time as mentor:
- the project decisions have gotten way easier to track, with a separate email list and RFC process.
- the documentation license question was interesting (as we had the same discussion for GeoServer) - the result in this case is the documentation being covered under the same MIT license as the codebase
- code contribution agreement is handled via contributors donating work into the public domain (there are two outstanding trace issues to patch the developers guide)
- provenance review did not turn up anything special, sample data was credited or replaced with toy data
- project officer is TBD (and can be nominated when we send the project up to the board for approval)