[Incubator] istSOS Incubation Application

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 00:12:35 PST 2013

We have a new incubation application for discussion, with "maxi" already present on the list to answer questions:
- http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1252

A few notes to start the discussion going:
- Nice to have a 2.0 product applying for incubation, if a project can release once chance are it can release again
- Surprising to have a project with no commercial companies or products - I am interested to figure out where the software comes from?
- number of downloads is in keeping with this being a sensor observation service .. not many people have sensors to play with

Our application seems to have missed asking for the project website - here it is: http://istgeo.ist.supsi.ch/software/istsos/

By the same token here is a link to the project source:

- https://code.google.com/p/istsos/source/browse/

A few spot checks on the codebase:

- https://code.google.com/p/istsos/source/browse/trunk/scripts/csvacquisition.pyhttps://code.google.com/p/istsos/source/browse/trunk/test/istsoslib/sosRequests.py

  Show a little bit of testing, although the application indicated automated tests were not used.

- https://code.google.com/p/istsos/source/browse/trunk/lib/isodate/duration.py

  The codebase contains a couple libs. A python developer will need to tell me if this is normal or if this code base should be considered mixed: