[Incubator] [rasdaman-users] Re: [rasdaman-dev] rasdaman incubation

Peter Baumann p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
Thu Jun 19 01:07:36 PDT 2014

<peace>
Cameron-

not sure where the issue is, both the OSGeo and the rasdaman endeavour (like
probably all others) are sitting in the same boat:
- both have a high ideals of engineering quality
- both have relatively complex procedures which need to be transparent, open,
according to modern project management principles, and documented
- both are limited in resources, often depending on volunteer work (note: you
may say: "but you have a paid job, Peter" - but that's meant for a 40h week; the
other 40h per week are not covered, so I am most happy if they don't expand into
42 or so; I'm sure that quite some people in OSGeo land share this situation)
- people in both endeavours have accepted that this will take extra time, and
- both are striving for a balance, a distribution of concerns which makes life
an efficient experience for the other side.

So again, IMHO OSGeo and rasdaman are confronted with similar challenges, are
pursuing continuous process improvement, and are striving to serve community in
the best possible way.

-Peter
</peace>

--
Dr. Peter Baumann
    mail: p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
    tel: +49-421-200-3178, fax: +49-421-200-493178
    www.rasdaman.com, mail: baumann at rasdaman.com
"Si forte in alienas manus oberraverit hec peregrina epistola incertis ventis dimissa, sed Deo commendata, precamur ut ei reddatur cui soli destinata, nec preripiat quisquam non sibi parata." (mail disclaimer, AD 1083)