[Incubator] Helping out with code/license reviews

Johan Van de Wauw johan.vandewauw at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 14:24:12 PDT 2014

Hello everyone,

During recent discussions on the discussion mailing list and others I
noticed that incubation could use some help.

I have gained some experience in checking licenses when packaging for
debian (I have removed files from saga (eg [1]) and libharu when
packaging. Checking code for licenses became part of my second nature
(eg [2]).

So if there are any projects in incubation which could use some help,
I'm available to help.

It may also be worth pointing out that debian has some pretty nifty
tools such as licensecheck (in package devscripts) and some lintian
checks (when you create a package) that tend to help finding offenders
without browsing all source (which still has to be done).

Johan

[1]http://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs/main/s/saga/unstable_copyright
[2]https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/2295