[Incubator] [motion] PyWPS to enter incubation

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Apr 7 10:02:50 PDT 2015

+1 on the motion to let PyWPS enter incubation

Here is a first question to answer during incubation: the first version
of the incubation application questionnaire completed 6 years ago stated
about the users community that "There are 45 Non-digested Members of the
mailing list." ... and the updated version 3 days ago still says the
same. Is it just that the answer was not updated? I would hope that the
community would have grown over 6 years so you may want to address that
question since an active and healthy community of users and developers
is one of the things we look for during incubation to confirm the long
term viability of a project.

Thanks

Daniel

On 2015-04-07 1:31 AM, Jeroen Ticheler wrote:
> +1
>
> Jeroen
>
>> Op 6 apr. 2015 om 14:29 heeft Tom Kralidis <tomkralidis at gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:
>>

>> As the mentor for the PyWPS project (http://pywps.wald.intevation.org),
>> I motion for PyWPS to enter OSGeo Incubation.
>>
>> FYI this project has been in the queue for quite some time [1].  Recently
>> there has been a refresh of the incubation application questionnaire [2].
>>
>> PyWPS would be a valuable component of the OSGeo stack/toolset, providing
>> a standards-based processing workflow.
>>
>> ..Tom
>>
>> [1] https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/337
>> [2] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Labs:_PyWPS#PyWPS_Incubation