[Incubator] Recommend pycsw Graduation

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 19:19:02 PST 2015

Congratulations to the pycsw team for an excellent OSGeo Incubation
application.
I've read the application, and have a few comments listed below which I
suggest are addressed.
My only non-trivial concern is around the identified issues around
conflicts found in the provenance review. I suggest they be resolved to
the point of finding at least a work around, before completing graduation.

[x] Open decision making process.

/Comment: Please provide a link to a description of this
process.//(Maybe this url? http://pycsw.org/development/rfc// )

[x] The project should have a community of developers and users who
actively collaborate and support each other in a healthy way. Eg.
collaboration on project activities such as testing, release and feature
development.

/Comment: It is good that you point to the existing plans, which seem to
be specific for each release. (I like this). I suggest that there should
be a generic guideline on the process of creating a release which should
be referenced.//
//Maybe this url?
https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/wiki/Release-Packaging/ )

The project has core developers from 4 organizations and other
contributors from downstream projects/organizations such as CKAN and
GeoNode.

/Comment: I suggest specifically mention these organisations, or provide
a link where these organisations are referenced./

[x] The project code, documentation and data has been adequately vetted
to assure it is all properly licensed, and a copyright notice included.
As per a Provenance Review
/
//Comment: I note there are items in the Provenance Review with status
of "checked, fix me! requires developer attention//"//. I'm nervous
about accepting a project through incubation with such items
outstanding. I'd at least wish to see a discussion about how such issues
are planned to be addressed./

Cameron Shorter,
Software and Data Solutions Manager
LISAsoft