[Incubator] Recommend pycsw Graduation

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 11:42:44 PST 2015

> We had a very constructive incubation sprint with Tom and Jody during
> FOSS4G 2014 PDX.
> We were pointed to list all things we find during Provenance Review, and
> it was very clear to us that it is more important to identify the issues
> than to have a complete solution for all of them.
> We have been using GeoServer wiki as a guide:
> https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/wiki/GeoServer-Provenance-Review
>
> The pycsw team is working to address the remaining issues (e.g.
> lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/standards/2015-February/000834.html  ) but we
> had the impression that this was not a blocker for graduation....

It is not, but it is a great subject for fundraising, or justification if
you would like OSGeo to help with a code-sprint.

The GeoServer project ended up fixing most of the issues that were
identified. A lot of the earlier projects (like GeoTools) were content to
simply list them as "known problems" in case any interested parties wanted
to volunteer.

At this point I would be very happy if pycsw graduates with known problems
so we can communicate to the other projects in incubation that graduation
should be within easy reach :)

If it helps Cameron feel comfortable the board could ask for a status
report on these kind of issues.