[Incubator] [Board] Incubation nightmare

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 14:23:07 PST 2015

As chair of the incubation committee I am open to suggestions on how to
solicit participation. I find incubation to be one of the most important
functions of a software foundation (an area where we can do the most good
in fostering open source spatial software).

I could revisit the idea of requiring a "mentor" - this list is certainly
low enough volume that it can stand some discussion.

The downside is that incubation (if it is any good) will touch on issues
that should be discussed "in private" with your product leadership team.
Thus the idea of a "mentor" has value - it is just hard to attract a
volunteer for.

If it helps recruit a mentor, I am happy to act as backup for any questions
you both run into.