[Incubator] Request GPlates to join OSGeo Incubation process...

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 17:20:50 PDT 2015

Welcome John, and thanks for introducing yourself and your project on the
incubation list - it sounds like a really interesting application (and a
great example of open source being used for collaboration).

We have our incubation process online, so your "official" application will
be a bug ticket - rather than your email. If you have any questions as you
fill in these questions please ask - also note that we are an open source
organization used to collaboration - so if the questions (such as number of
users) do not quite line up with your application domain / business model
it should be considered as an invitation for dialog rather than a down
check.

The difficult part (for both of us) is finding a volunteer to act as a
mentor for your project - do you have any contacts in the open source
community who would be willing to act in this capacity?