[Incubator] [Live-demo] Tinyows in OSGeoLive & OSGeo Logo

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Jul 6 06:04:30 PDT 2017

On 2017-07-06 12:50 AM, Jody Garnett wrote:
> Yes thank you, please remove the OSGeo logo from tinyows (the project
> did not go through incubation).

Jody,

TinyOWS is handled as a part of the MapServer project. Think of it as an
extension module that would have been contributed as a single commit to
the MapServer project by its author.

The following RFC documents its integration into MapServer:

http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-70.html

Now, it is true that the complete integration that we had in mind
initially did not materialize, and not much new development has been
happening on this piece of code since then, but it is still functional
and being used. So until the MapServer PSC decides to deprecate this
component (not likely to happen soon IMHO) I think it can still be
considered as a component of MapServer.

--
Daniel Morissette
Mapgears Inc