[Incubator] recommend OSGeoLive for graduation

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Wed Mar 28 11:49:29 PDT 2018

+1

bobb

On Mar 28, 2018, at 11:54 AM, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com<mailto:jody.garnett at gmail.com>> wrote:

I am happy to report that the OSGeo Live team had a very successful time at the code-sprint in Bonn and has completed their incubation requirements, from their new wiki<https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeolive/wiki/Incubation%20Process>:

* https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeolive/wiki/Graduation%20List
* https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeolive/wiki/Provenance%20Review

For context here is my final review<https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/live-demo/2018-March/013000.html> on the osgeo live mailing list. It is worthwhile pointing out that even a project as well established, and knowledgeable on open source, found some activities to work on during the incubation process.

With this in mind I would like to make the following motion:

Recognize OSGeo Live completion of the incubation program and acknowledgement as an OSGeo project, with Angelous appointed as initial project officer.

This motion is held open until April 12th, requiring 50% of the incubation committee to respond (+1,0,-1) for completion.

  *   Bruce Bannerman
  *   Bob (CI-StPaul) Basques
  *   Landon Blake
  *   Howard Butler
  *   Arnulf Christl
  *   Jo Cook
  *   Jody Garnett +1 Initial motion
  *   Dimitris Kotzinos
  *   Tom Kralidis
  *   Julien-Samuel Lacroix
  *   Mark Lucas
  *   Steve Lime
  *   Daniel Morissette
  *   Markus Schneider
  *   Cameron Shorter
  *   Norman Vine
  *   Frank Warmerdam

"A rocket will never be able to leave the earth's atmosphere."  --The New York Times, 1936