[Incubator] Application to add PROJ-JNI as an OSGeo Community Project

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 10:35:28 PDT 2021

I think that with the website page done,

The group can now consider your application to the osgeo community program.

This first thing I see adding a contribution policy to CONTRIBUTING.md file
(so it is shown to folks making PRs).
- You are really looking to remind folks that the results are going to be
open source and they (and their employer) should be comfortable with that).
- I also want to check you have considered the (c) of the resulting file?
Do you ask for a CLA to Agency for Data Supply and Efficiency? Do
you update the header to say "Copyright © 2021 Agency for Data Supply and
Efficiency and others" ? If make a new file in my PR is it "Copyright ©
2021 Jody Garnett" or "Copyright © 2021 GeoCat Canada" (my employer).
- I did see your TransformPoints.java example is "public domain" (so not
strictly open source, but we can consider it documentation eh?)