[Incubator] Resolve overlap and gap in Simple feature by using Postgis Topology

Lars Aksel Opsahl Lars.Opsahl at nibio.no
Tue Jul 4 23:07:48 PDT 2023

Hi

One off the difference between using Postgis Topology and tools like triangulatio, makevalid is that you get persistent db structure where you check for how lines are used like checking  like testing left_face = right_face.

The input may be valid but we still like remove tiny gaps and overlaps across multiple big layers.  We also get back the ref to original attributes in a view poiting to the input tables .

In Postgis Topology we also have methods like https://postgis.net/docs/ValidateTopology.html to check more in details on the result.

Thanks.

Lars