<html><body><div dir="ltr">
    I really like the idea Angelos, especially since this is developer outreach - an issue tracker is great!</div><div dir="ltr"><br></div><div dir="ltr"><ul style="margin:0px" dir="ltr"><li>Have issue template for "add to website", "join community project", "osgeo project incubation", ...</li><li>We actually already have the markdown for some of these...</li></ul></div><div dir="ltr"><br></div><div dir="ltr">I would prefer github (because outreach) but would be okay with gitea (ideally if we can make the signup process a bit easier.)<br clear="all"><div><div class="gmail_signature" data-smartmail="gmail_signature"><div dir="ltr"><div dir="ltr"><div>- -<br></div><div>Jody Garnett</div></div></div></div></div><br>
</div>
<br>
<div class="gmail_quote">
    <div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Jan 14, 2026 at 8:58:11 AM, Angelos Tzotsos via Incubator <<a href="mailto:incubator@lists.osgeo.org">incubator@lists.osgeo.org</a>> wrote:<br></div>
    <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex" type="cite">
        
<div>
<div>
    Hi all,<br><br>One idea that came up during the Incubation Budget meeting, was to make <br>community project applications easier to review.<br>I propose we move the application process to opening a templated issue <br>(GitHub or Gitea) and require one incubation committee member to review.<br><br>I volunteer to move all the pending applications to this new issue tracker.<br><br>Perhaps we should consider the same for Projects applying for Incubation <br>(currently a ticket is required on Trac).<br><br>Thoughts? Objections?<br><br>Best regards,<br>Angelos<br><br>-- <br>Angelos Tzotsos, PhD<br>President, Board of Directors<br>Open Source Geospatial Foundation<br><a href="https://www.osgeo.org/member/angelos-tzotsos/">https://www.osgeo.org/member/angelos-tzotsos/</a><br><br>_______________________________________________<br>Incubator mailing list<br><a href="mailto:Incubator@lists.osgeo.org">Incubator@lists.osgeo.org</a><br><a href="https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/incubator">https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/incubator</a><br>
</div>
</div>
    </blockquote>
</div></body></html>