<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">Le 02/10/2026 à 21:50, Elias Pajares a
      écrit :<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:BE3P281MB49762FD7EDC00A8C9A9FD523C0892@BE3P281MB4976.DEUP281.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div
style="direction: ltr; font-family: Bahnschrift, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        Hi Even,</div>
      <div
style="direction: ltr; font-family: Bahnschrift, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        <br>
      </div>
      <div
style="direction: ltr; font-family: Bahnschrift, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        What a warm welcome 😉</div>
    </blockquote>
    Nothing personal. I give the same welcome in similar situations
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:BE3P281MB49762FD7EDC00A8C9A9FD523C0892@BE3P281MB4976.DEUP281.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM">
      <div
style="direction: ltr; font-family: Bahnschrift, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        <br>
      </div>
      <div style="direction: ltr;"><span
style="font-family: Bahnschrift, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">I
          understand that you
        </span>might be concerned. However, I would like to outline our
        perspective:</div>
      <ul
data-editing-info="{"applyListStyleFromLevel":true,"unorderedStyleType":1}"
style="direction: ltr; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; list-style-type: disc;">
        <li
style="font-family: Bahnschrift, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); direction: ltr; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px;">
          <div role="presentation" style="direction: ltr;">It becomes
            increasingly standard to use AI for assisting when coding.
            Which means it can hardly be stopped but I would rather
            argue we need rules to make it work.</div>
        </li>
      </ul>
    </blockquote>
    I'm despaired by how people easily give up their free will.
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:BE3P281MB49762FD7EDC00A8C9A9FD523C0892@BE3P281MB4976.DEUP281.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM"><br>
      <ul
data-editing-info="{"applyListStyleFromLevel":true,"unorderedStyleType":1}"
style="direction: ltr; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; list-style-type: disc;">
        <li
style="font-family: Bahnschrift, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); direction: ltr; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px;">
          <div role="presentation" style="direction: ltr;">We use coding
            assistants but review and test by hand. From my experience
            this combination can even raise the quality.</div>
        </li>
      </ul>
    </blockquote>
    My experience is that reviewing code generate by coding assistants
    make your brain lazy
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:BE3P281MB49762FD7EDC00A8C9A9FD523C0892@BE3P281MB4976.DEUP281.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM">
      <ul
data-editing-info="{"applyListStyleFromLevel":true,"unorderedStyleType":1}"
style="direction: ltr; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; list-style-type: disc;">
        <li
style="font-family: Bahnschrift, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); direction: ltr; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px;">
          <div role="presentation" style="direction: ltr;">I am not a
            lawyer but using a coding agent is by our knowledge not
            affecting the effectiveness of our GPL 3.0 license. </div>
        </li>
      </ul>
    </blockquote>
    <p>Well, you should have a look at
      <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/discuss/2026-October/040416.html">https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/discuss/2026-October/040416.html</a>
      . This is still moving target but the current interpretation is
      that code generated by machines isn't copyrighteable.</p>
    <p>I see AI as an existential threat.</p>
    <p>Even</p>
    <p>-- </p>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72"><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.spatialys.com">http://www.spatialys.com</a>
My software is free, but my time generally not.
LLMs contribute to global warming and brain rot.
Let's guillotine them! "Ah ! ça ira, ça ira, ça ira !"</pre>
  </body>
</html>