[Indonesia] Re: [intl-discuss] Indonesia

Frans Thamura frans at meruvian.org
Tue Mar 10 21:10:39 EDT 2009

hi all

glad Geoff raise this and introduce indonesia, i am cc also to Arnulf which
has trained us sevral time ago in Jakarta.

the GIS esp MapServer is popular in this country, and MapServer help map our
tsunami case in Aceh, i know the guy that install the mapserver, he also
help me understand MapServer.

and also inwent.org with UNDP did donate for FREE training for Trainer
(which i am part of it, and mostly member of indonesian chapter are students
of this, arnulf is the instructor).

right now, Geoff also help us to penetrate Map Guide OpenSource here, and we
will work shortly.

anyway, Geoff also one of the "initiator" of IGOS initiative in Indonesia,
where we met.

I will work to get the screen and URL.

NB: the IGOS raise become AGOS (Asia Go OpenSource), since last year grow
become Asia Pasific Go OpenSource ..several initiator from africa esp
ambasador come to the event.

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 6:26 AM, Cameron Shorter
<cameron.shorter at gmail.com>wrote:

> Geoff,
> I really like your idea. The IGOS and RISTEK initiatives sound like they
> are just the sort of things that we want to discuss at the FOSS4G
> conference, and I'm hopeful that we can see some Indonesians making
> presentations about this.
>
> I've CCed the Indonesian email list, who may have ideas on how to develop
> this idea further.
>
> Geoff Zeiss wrote:
>

>> An idea
>>

>> Indonesia has a successful government initiative called IGOS (Indonesia Go
>> Open Source), which is being promoting in other parts of Asia as AGOS (Asia
>> Go Open Source).  This is actively supported by the Minister for Research
>> and Technology (RISTEK), Dr K. Kadiman. There are a number of people in
>> RISTEK and in other ministries who have been involved in this initiative.
>>

>> There is also a very active non-government open source community in
>> Indonesia, mostly around Linux (http://linux.or.id/) and Java (
>> http://www.slideshare.net/flatburger/jug-java-users-group-indonesia.)  I
>> know Frans Thamura (frans at meruvian.com <mailto:frans at meruvian.com>) very
>> well and I know he is very interested in OSGEO.
>>

>> I think people from the government and non-government OSS community in
>> Indonesia would be interested in OSGEO and encouraging them to attend FOSS4G
>> in Sydney may be a good way to encourage the Indonesian OSS community to
>> become more involved in OSGEO.
>>

>> Geoff

> --
> Cameron Shorter
> Geospatial Systems Architect
> Tel: +61 (0)2 8570 5050
> Mob: +61 (0)419 142 254
>
> Think Globally, Fix Locally
> http://www.lisasoft.com

Frans Thamura
Meruvian
One Stop Java and Enterprise OSS Provider

Mobile: +62 855 7888 699
Blog & Profile: http://frans.thamura.info

Training JENI, Medallion (Alfresco, Liferay dan Compiere).. buruan...

Promo: Beli Zmanda Backup di Meruvian, 10% discount dari pricelist.. Buruan
sekarang!!!