[Inspire-data] greetings, queries

Rob.Atkinson at csiro.au Rob.Atkinson at csiro.au
Wed Mar 17 19:51:56 EDT 2010

Hi Jo,

I hope you are following the SISS stack efforts: https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/twiki/bin/view/Infosrvices/SiSS

We are currently looking at model management utilities and agile metadata registries (as opposed to static 19115 records, we're looking at support the operational metadata required for data access and workflows, including vocabulary services and validation service support.)

Support for INSPIRE application schemas in Geoserver is a particular goal, the funding premises area include supporting GeoSciML which will be adopted within the INSPIRE suite (as an identified best-practice in the current methodology). It would be great to see others developing INSPIRE-based test cases to fast-track support. GML 3.2 support is in planning and due later this year - test case coverage is probably the biggest hurdle in the process.

We'd be happy to collaborate on a publication about the requirements for a FOSS stack and seek enlightenment on the synergies, differences and potential stumbling blocks arising from different projects exploring FOSS SDI stacks.

Rob Atkinson
Research Scientist, Water Informatics
CSIRO Land & Water
Ph (mobile) +61 419 202 973