[Inspire-data] Re: State of INSPIRE with FOSS (long)

Jeroen Ticheler jeroen.ticheler at geocat.net
Thu Apr 21 06:51:34 EDT 2011

Hi Just,
Thanks for this excellent summary and suggestions made. I'm very keen on getting such INSPIRE stack ready and marketed in similar ways that the large vendors do. Taking an approach like OpenGeo does and include GeoNetwork in  the mix. I'm sure there are others who would join, and it would require an investment from our part to make it happen with a clear idea on how to earn the revenue required to support this and build further.
Ok, this is short, boarding for Ankara now to get the Turkish geoportal up and running in the next few Easter days :-)
Ciao,
Jeroen

GeoCat Bridge for ArcGIS allows instant publishing of data and metadata on GeoServer and GeoNetwork. Visit http://geocat.net for details.
Jeroen Ticheler