[iTowns-user] Issues running the iTowns demo

Thomas Broyer t.broyer at atolcd.com
Fri Jun 23 06:04:20 PDT 2017

Hi Marc,

> Hi,
>
> We wanted to have a look at the iTowns Demo, I have followed the
> instructions on http://www.itowns-project.org/:
> "git clone -b gh-pages https://github.com/iTowns/itowns.git
> git clone https://github.com/iTowns/itowns-sample-data.git
> python -m SimpleHTTPServer
>
> Now open http://localhost:8000/itowns-sample-data/ in a browser and
> enjoy!"
> Note:
> with python 3 I had to change the line:
> "python -m SimpleHTTPServer"
> with
> "python -m http.server 8000"
>
> Unfortunately I keep on getting a:
> "Error code: 404
>
> Message: File not found.
>
> Error code explanation: HTTPStatus.NOT_FOUND - Nothing matches the given
> URI."
> in the browser, and:
>
> "C:\Windows\system32>python -m http.server 8000

The command has to be run in the same folder where you "git clone"'d the
repositories.
You should have both an "itowns" and "itowns-sample-data" folders in that
same folder (which is how Python finds the content for
http://localhost:8000/itowns-sample-data/ : http://localhost:8000/
corresponds to the folder you run the Python command in)

Cordialement,
--
Thomas Broyer
Atol Conseils et Développements