[Geotools-devel] [Java-collab] ISO19115/ISO19111 VerticalExtent/VerticalCRS and Multidimensional Coverage

Daniele Romagnoli daniele.romagnoli at geo-solutions.it
Tue Jun 3 03:51:28 EDT 2008

Hi Martin,
sorry for the late reply. Please, read below...

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 5:55 PM, Martin Desruisseaux <
martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.fr> wrote:

> So I would suggest to store the 3rd component as a VerticalExtent like any
> kind
> of height (no special case for ellipsoidal height), create a Extent
> containing
> the GeographicBouindingBox + VerticalExtent, and gives this Extent to
> GeographicCRS ("ellipsoidal height" case) or CompoundCRS ("other height"
> case)
> constructor.

In this case (ellipsoidal height in vertical extent), since ISO 19111 states
"ellipsoidal heights (h) cannot be captured in a verticalCRS", what should
VerticalExtent.getVerticalCRS() method return?

Cheers,
Daniele

> Is it in the direction of what you are looking for?
>
>        Martin

Eng. Daniele Romagnoli
Software Engineer

GeoSolutions S.A.S.