[Java-collab] Open Street Map XML library?

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz at osgeo.org
Wed Apr 29 13:28:01 EDT 2009

2009/4/27 Sunburned Surveyor <sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com>:
> I’m trying to work with some Open Street Map data in OpenJUMP. I need
> to code a reader and writer for the OSM XML file format. Is anyone
> done any work with this file format that they would be willing to
> share?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Landon

Sorry, I sent this message off-list accidentally (the old
reply-replyall behaviour). This is a collaboration list after all :-)

Landon,

At gvSIG, Luis Sevilla developed a prototype driver[1] to read OSM
files. Probably you can adapt it to your feature model easyly. No
writer was debeloped (and I think this could be a hard work by the way
OSM data works with tags and so on)

On the other hand, why not transform to GML and use any other reader?

Good luck!
[1] https://forge.osor.eu/projects/gvsig-poc/

--
Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas