[Java-collab] First contents in osgeom repository

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.fr
Mon Aug 10 09:39:34 EDT 2009

Hello all

Just to remind that the offer still open. Since I noticed that many of Jody's
comment about the proposed set of interfaces are inline with what GeoAPI does
(some examples at the end of this email) - some of those resulting from years of
experience, working with GeoAPI may still have technical interests. The geometry
interfaces are in the "pending" directory precisely for incresing the freedom to
adapt them according experience gained by implementations. The whole GeoAPI
content is under OGC copyright. Since Degree is an OGC member, you can put your
weight on the OGC SWG according OGC rules if you wish.

This is just an offer - I'm not aiming to start a debate.

	Regards,

		Martin

Annex: examples of Jody's comment inline with what GeoAPI is today:

* Check against ISO 19107 (correspondance is documented for every
   interfaces/methods, and a summary is produced as part of the build
   process)

* Sequence of Point objects: PointArray

* No getX() or getY(); instead getOrdinate(int)

* Use of JSR-275 (which still having progress, admitly not very
   fast but the JSR-275 team is still actively working on it).

* Use of the ISO 19111-compliant "CoordinateReferenceSystem" name
   (or CRS if abreviation is a must) instead of "CoordinateSystem".

* CodeList as an open enum.

* getSpan(int) instead of getWidth() and getHeight().