[Java-collab] geometry UOM (ie JSR-275)

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.fr
Wed Aug 12 03:32:22 EDT 2009

Jody Garnett a écrit :
> I think this mailing list; and especially Martin - are a very good
> source of info on JSR-275. In general I have been very happy with it;
> and usually duck back to a text book on unit systems when I have
> questions on how it works.

For information we have recently setup a Kenai project for JSR-275. It somewhat
duplicate dev.java.net, but Kenai is easier to manage. As a bonus, it is nicely
integrated with NetBeans.

     http://kenai.com/projects/jsr-275/pages/Home

The source code repository is not yet setup (we are waiting for feedbacks from a
few peoples, among other Jean-Marie who wrote most of the code), but JIRA is
already running:

     http://kenai.com/jira/browse/JSR_275

This project is a lot about the specification document (writing specifications
is really a lot of work - as much as writing the library itself) and writing a
test suite acceptable as a TCK (this is more work than plain JUnit tests). It is
not yet clear at this stage if the Reference Implementation would be hosted
there or would stay a part of the JScience project.

	Martin