[Java-collab] Java-collab Lab

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 21:40:24 EDT 2009

A quick follow up to the geometry 3d collaboration.

I have started hunting down what we need to start an OSGeo lab; it
sounds like we need
1. Open Source License - LGPL seems good for this work since that is
what we are starting from
2. Be geospatial (I think geometry qualifies)
3. Some kind of code contribution agreement (here is an example
http://trac.geoext.org/wiki/ContributorAgreement)

I thought we needed some kind of governance rules to go with the
above; but I do not see it on the Labs page.

I am willing to push this read tape along if people thing it is a good idea?

Jody

Links:
- http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Labs