[Java-collab] IRC Meeting followup

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 23:59:27 EDT 2009

Yeah :-)

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 7:36 PM, Markus Schneider<schneider at lat-lon.de> wrote:
> Hi Jody,
>
> sorry for being unresponsive last week, but I was heavily involved in customer projects work :-(

I *completely* understand; paid work is always important.

> We also would like start with the collaboration ASAP. Here's my stance on the open questions:
>
> == License ==
>
> LGPL is just fine for us.

yep

> == Code contribution agreement ==
>
> Can you provide a draft for this? Probably the GeoTools agreement should work fine (at least as the starting point).

I will make a draft.

> == Hosting==
>
> I would prefer OSGeo labs as the mid-term/long-term solution as this expresses the inter-project character. @Jody: How
> long will it take to get this started? If this is not feasible however, we should just host it at the GeoTools or
> deegree SVN -- after all the most important thing is getting work done and not the question where we host it.
>
> What about other needed tools? Will TRAC do for a homepage / wiki?
>
> Best regards,
> Markus

That OSGeo labs as mid-term/long-term solution is fine by me; the main
difficulty is those two responses you just gave me - I think with that
I can write something up and go and ask again.

For short term I also just want to get going; can you point me at the
deegree commit access docs and I can try and sign up? Working in a
branch would be fine for collaboration right now.

Jody