[Landsat-pds] Upcoming updates to Landsat on AWS data

Amit Kapadia amit at planet.com
Tue Sep 15 10:58:26 PDT 2015

We're ingesting about 1.35 scenes per minute (~2000 scenes per day). With
44,200 scenes remaining, this work should be complete in 22 - 23 days.

The additional worker has kicked up the rate. I'm learning more about the
rate-limiting that USGS imposes, and it seems that a single machine is
limited to 2 concurrent downloads (we already knew this). However, we have
3 machines running, so the rate-limiting appears to be a combination
between IP address and EROS account.

Cheers,
Amit