[Lexicon] Introductions: ESRI / Glossary Pilot

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 01:55:56 PST 2020

Marika, (could you please loop in Jim Moore and Claire Proctor too),
Expanding on how I think ESRI tech writers can add real value to our
Glossary Pilot:

We aim to demonstrate interoperability between different spatial
glossaries, including from ISO TC 211, the OGC, OSGeo, GRASS and now
possibly ESRI.

>From ESRI's point of view, the key goal would initially be to put all your
glossary terms into a standards based interface for glossaries.
We have access to GeoLexia (open source). Your role would be to surface
that content.

This will then enable our pilot to test sourcing terms from multiple
glossaries. (It could include ESRI sourcing OGC terms as a point of truth.)

For more details and current halfway status of the glossary pilot, you can
have a look at
http://cameronshorter.blogspot.com/2020/12/halfway-status-glossary-pilot.html

--
Cameron Shorter