[Lexicon] Shall we postpone meetings for a month?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 12:24:36 PST 2021

Nikos, I believe we now have more potential participants in the EU timezone
than the US timezone, so I see value in timeshifting the next meeting slot,
to maybe:
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2021&month=3&day=11&hour=7&min=0&sec=0&p1=22&p2=240&p3=47&p4=248&p5=102&p6=44&p7=26&p8=136&p9=179&p10=220&p11=224

LocationLocal TimeTime ZoneUTC Offset
Auckland <https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/new-zealand/auckland> (New
Zealand - Auckland) Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 8:00:00 pm NZDT
<https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/nzdt> UTC+13 hours
Sydney <https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/australia/sydney> (Australia
- New South Wales) Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 6:00:00 pm AEDT
<https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/aedt> UTC+11 hours
Brisbane <https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/australia/brisbane> (Australia
- Queensland) Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 5:00:00 pm AEST
<https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/aest> UTC+10 hours
Tokyo <https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/japan/tokyo> (Japan) Thursday,
11 March 2021 at 4:00:00 pm JST
<https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/jst> UTC+9
hours
Hong Kong <https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/hong-kong/hong-kong> (Hong
Kong) Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 3:00:00 pm HKT
<https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/hkt> UTC+8 hours
Mumbai <https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/india/mumbai> (India -
Maharashtra) Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 12:30:00 pm IST
<https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/ist> UTC+5:30 hours
Athens <https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/greece/athens> (Greece)
Thursday,
11 March 2021 at 9:00:00 am EET
<https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/eet> UTC+2
hours
London <https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/uk/london> (United Kingdom -
England) Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 7:00:00 am GMT
<https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/gmt> UTC
New York <https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/usa/new-york> (USA - New
York) Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 2:00:00 am EST
<https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/est> UTC-5 hours
Salt Lake City <https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/usa/salt-lake-city> (USA
- Utah) Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 12:00:00 midnight MST
<https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/mst> UTC-7 hours
San Francisco <https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/usa/san-francisco> (USA
- California) Wednesday, 10 March 2021 at 11:00:00 pm PST
<https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/pst> UTC-8 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 07:00:00
<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20210311T0700>

Feel free to look at your calendars and suggest a timeslot on a different
day, or shifted an hour or two.

On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 at 21:05, <labrinos at eled.auth.gr> wrote:

> Dear Cameron,
>
> I was following the announcements about the weekly meetings and I
> tried a couple of times to be there but I realized that the time of
> the meetings was not so convenient for a Greek participant. I know
> that it is not your fault, I don't blame you, but maybe we could have
> once a month a meeting with those who are not participating due to
> time restrictions, where we could get informed about the weekly
> meetings and decisions.
> I read the minutes of some of the meetings but this is not so informative.
>
> Best regards
> Nikos
>

> Παραθέτοντας από Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com>:
>
> > Hi lexicon folks,
> > I'm personally not going to have much to add to this forum for a month or
> > two, but plan to be back in force after that.
> > I'm wondering where others are at, and whether we should postpone weekly
> > meeting for a month and then check in again then?
> >
> > In particular, Rob, Ron, Reese, I'm interested to hear your thoughts.
> >
> > --
> > Cameron Shorter
> > Technical Writer, Google
>

> --
> Διευκρίνιση ηλεκτρονικού ταχυδρομείου
> Οι πληροφορίες που συμπεριλαμβάνονται σε αυτό το μήνυμα είναι
> εμπιστευτικές και η χρήση τους επιτρέπεται μόνον από τον αναφερόμενο
> παραλήπτη. Εάν έχετε λάβει το παρόν μήνυμα από λάθος και δεν είστε ο
> προοριζόμενος παραλήπτης, σας ενημερώνουμε ότι αποκάλυψη, αναπαραγωγή,
> διανομή ή οποιασδήποτε άλλης μορφής χρήση των περιεχομένων του
> παρόντος μηνύματος απαγορεύεται. Επίσης παρακαλείσθε να αποστείλετε το
> αρχικό μήνυμα στην διεύθυνση του αποστολέα, καθώς και στη συνέχεια να
> διαγράψετε το μήνυμα από το σύστημά σας.
> Η επικοινωνία μέσω Internet δεν είναι ασφαλής και επομένως το ΑΠΘ δεν
> φέρει ευθύνη για οποιαδήποτε θετική ή αποθετική ζημιά που προκλήθηκε
> από την χρήση του παρόντος ή των συνημμένων του λόγω ιών που έχουν
> περάσει σε αυτά.
>
> Σας Ευχαριστούμε,
> Αριστοτέλειο Πανεπιστήμιο Θεσσαλονίκης
>
> Email Disclaimer
> The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely
> for the addressee(s). If you have received this transmission in error,
> and you are not an intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure,
> copying, distribution or use of this transmission or its contents is
> prohibited. Furthermore, you are kindly requested to send us back the
> original message to the sender’s address and delete the message from
> your system immediately.
> Internet communications are not secure and therefore AUTH does not
> accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message and for
> any damage whatsoever that is caused by viruses being passed.
>

> Thank You,
> Aristotle University of Thessaloniki

> Δρ. Νίκος Λαμπρινός
> Καθηγητής της Διδασκαλίας της Γεωγραφίας
> [...]

Cameron Shorter
Technical Writer, Google