[Liblas-devel] Some ideas for class organization

Philippe Vachon philippe at cowpig.ca
Sun Dec 16 16:22:22 EST 2007

Hi everyone,

I threw together a quick trac page on how I might go about structuring
libLAS, from the C++ perspective.

See: http://liblas.org/wiki/ClassStructure

I would be interested in any ideas/feedback/limitation you see. I
haven't really thought out the writing side of things, but I think that
there will need to be an interface for the LASFile class to allow the
various parameters of interest (offset, scaling factors, georeferencing
information) be set, then written out when some sort of flush() method
is called (and/or when the class' destructor is called, of course).

The other thing I wasn't sure about was exception handling. I would like
to go with structured exception handling, exposing a generic exception
class perhaps to client applications so we can just throw that and let
the application using the library catch it. Anyways, points to ponder, I
guess?

Cheers,
Phil