[Liblas-devel] Data structures

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Dec 17 08:25:05 EST 2007

Hi,

I suppose we've missed some data structures, so I'd like to walk through
entities we've specified and review them.

1. Structures based on LAS 1.1 format

- LASRecordHeader represents "Variable Lenght Record Header"
- LASPoint represents "Point Data Record"

- LASFileHeader or LASHeader is *missing*. This type is supposed to
represent so called "Public Header Block".

2. liblas structures

- LASFile represents LIDAR/LAS file access point used to read LAS data
format structures listed in Point 1.
- there are also a few exception classes
- plus, private implementation entities

Conclusion, we've not defined the "Public Header Block" structure.
Martin's version of library defines it in lasheader.h file:

http://liblas.org/browser/tags/original/inc/lasheader.h

What do you think about this subject?
Do you see any other missing structures defined by 1.1 that we
need to read/write/represent ?

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot