[Liblas-devel] Re: Motion: libLAS 0.9.0 Release

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 11:58:17 EDT 2008

Martin,

Most of my "fixes" to the utilities were faults of my own when porting
them from using your base library to the C API of libLAS.  Parity
wise, there are a few regressions of the libLAS version of utilities
and your own, and these differences mostly related to stdin/stdout
handling (libLAS' version is weaker on the stream handling side but I
hope to clean these issues up soon).  I also regularized the
formatting and centralized some of the utilities like point summary
reporting and header reporting so it is easily available to all of the
utilities.

There may have been one or two very small bugs that existed in your
code that I fixed as I did the port, but I don't recall what they were
just now.  Looking through the log http://liblas.org/log/trunk/apps ,
I don't see anything so significant that I left a commit message about
it.

If you get a chance, it'd be great if you could give the software a
spin now that it has started to stabilize.

Howard