[Liblas-devel] .net/mono bindings in c#

Martin Rodriguez mrodriguez at stereocarto.com
Fri Aug 8 09:31:22 EDT 2008

> typedef unsigned int guint32;
>
> #ifndef _MSC_VER
> G_GNUC_EXTENSION typedef signed long long gint64;
> G_GNUC_EXTENSION typedef unsigned long long guint64;
> #else /* _MSC_VER */
> typedef signed __int64 gint64;
> typedef unsigned __int64 guint64;
> #endif /* _MSC_VER */

> Martin,

> I feel I'm lost. In the example above there is only _MSC_VER macro used.
> We also do use _MSC_VER macro as you listed files in previous post.

> I don't really catch the problem.

Yes, I am sorry hehe. The only excepcion in types it´s seems it´s  VC and
therefore GCC==MINGW=CYGWIN. Liblas do the same. I had problems to
understand the cstdint.hpp source code but it´s almost the same. You only
can see _MSC_VER in glib because is the only exception.
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2002-August/003110.html

I think liblas c++ API is fully compatible with mingw right now. I need do
many more test but I am almost sure of it. The only problem is in the CAPI
module.

Perhaps we can study a method to test the libraries with las files. I could
do test for mingw and .net/mono.
PERL people have something like this but more freak:
		Perl is distributed with some 120,000 functional tests.
These 		run as part of the normal build process, and extensively
exercise the interpreter and its core modules. Perl developers 		rely
on the functional tests to ensure that changes to the 		interpreter
do not introduce bugs; conversely, Perl users who 		see the
interpreter pass its functional tests on their system 		can have a
high degree of confidence that it is working 			properly.

> #endif /* !G_LITTLE_ENDIAN && !G_BIG_ENDIAN */

> OK, just another way to go with endianness.
> Are you suggesting there is something wrong with big-/little-endian
> support in libLAS?

It´s only I can not see where liblas manage double and float conversions in
liblas source code?¿?¿

Regards.