[Liblas-devel] .net/mono bindings in c#

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Aug 11 11:08:43 EDT 2008

Martin Rodriguez wrote:
> Hello:
>
>> Looks like a good idea, so you won't wait for new binaries.
>

> Yes. I am right now try compile new versions with mingw using dev-cpp (mingw
> integrated ), code:block (mingw integrated) and netbeans (witout compiler).
> Perhaps today is early to the .NET bindings hehe.
> http://www.codeblocks.org/
> http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html
> http://www.netbeans.org/features/cpp/
>

> Netbeans rocks (like ms visual studio) but it´s a little freak configure it
> for mingw:
> http://wiki.netbeans.org/MinGWInCCDevelopmentPack

OK

> I see you use cmake and for me it´s a good idea. I try learn autotools but I
> find it very difficult and obsolete. I only can used autotools with anjuta
> and because it´s a automatic process hehe. I need study a little cmake.

Autotools are not obsolete. They are old-school but still very usable.
Nevertheless, I personally prefer cmake as simpler and faster (I hate
libtool :-))

> Are the C API ready for linux???. I see the same problems of this macro:
> #define PACKAGE_VERSION "1.0.0b1"

If you use default way of building libLAS

$ ./configure ...
$ make

Then this macro is generated automagically.

Martin, if I may ask for sth, if you want to report a problem, please do
it preferably on Trac by submitting a ticket that includes:

- version of libLAS
- info about your compiler/system
- paste compiler output with exact error message

Then, we are able to fix it. Otherwise, we likely are not.

> For mono I can use my .net DLL, but I need compile in linux a native shared
> library (.so).

This works for me:

./configure
make