[Liblas-devel] .net/mono bindings in c#

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Aug 14 07:27:02 EDT 2008

Martin Rodriguez wrote:

>> ./configure
>> make
>> make install
>
> If we want more linux users we don´t ask people compile software. Linux is
> every day more near from mac ox and windows:
> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/
>
> I am sure console will death soon and we can be more happy hehe.

Bla bla bla, some people have been forseeing dead of CLI since Windows
3.11...no comments.

>>  That's why NAnt and other powerful builders were invented.
>
> I have religious problems with XML also...
> http://www.yaml.org/
> YAML rocks!!!

In FOSS communities, religion is as poisonous as politics.
Please, let's try to avoid it here.

> If I have a clean language like ruby or python and multiplatform tools
> working in a easy way perfect for everybody.

Perfection is a matter of taste.
Visual Studio seems to be perfect, but hordes of programmers
use Vim and Emacs still today.

>> If you don't know autotools or nmake, I can add it but I need you to
>> document building process using your project files, then I will know
>> what to port to autotools.
>
> I don´t know nmake and if you want help there I would be great.

Martin, if you don't know NMAKE why are you giving such strong criticism
about it? It's the same like Windows users flaming against Linux
usability but they have never seen Linux desktop, isn't it.

> I don´t know autotools but I am study them  know.

Martin, if you don't know Autotools...

> I want learn to build multiplatform software with autotools for gcc and mingw.

Google will bring you tons of tutorials.

> Other question. I want generate docs in doxygen for c#. How do you do the
> integration with trac software?
> http://liblas.org/doxygen/classes.html
>
> only edition the css files?

Hobu knows how to do it. AFAIK, it is generated automatically every
hours. Try to add your trunk/csharp module to doxygen.conf here
http://liblas.org/browser/trunk/doc/api
and commit it to the repo.

Best regards,