[Liblas-devel] libLAS 1.0.0b2 Released

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 01:05:20 EDT 2008

All,

I am pleased to announce the release of libLAS 1.0.0b2.  Numerous
issues have been identified and fixed in this release, and I would
like to thank the folks who've helped with the beta process.

Here's a list of items that have been fixed since 1.0.0b1:

- The utility applications do not report an error when given bad input
arguments. Patch from Roberto Antolin http://liblas.org/ticket/65
- ReadVLR clips the recordLengthAfterHeader by using the wrong type
(int16_t vs uint16_t).  Test data from Rory Sutton that caused this
bug to bubble up. http://liblas.org/ticket/68
- Embed version information in the DLL when building on Windows http://liblas.org/ticket/70
- Python header code does not handle leap year correctly http://liblas.org/ticket/71
- Add option to allow skipping the printing of VLR records http://liblas.org/ticket/69
- LASHeader_SetDataFormatId uses the wrong type http://liblas.org/ticket/64
- PACKAGE_VERSION problems http://liblas.org/ticket/23

Some other items that I have addressed that do not have tickets:
- We no longer include the version number in the DLL name for the
Windows builds.  It is now just liblas.dll.  This was the cause of the
Python bindings not working on Windows in beta 1.
- We no longer build a convenience library for the src/detail object
files and instead include it all in the main dynamic library.  This
makes debugging in gdb actually useful :)

Windows Release

- http://liblas.org/raw-attachment/wiki/1.0.0b2/liblas1.0.0b2-win32.zip
- http://liblas.org/raw-attachment/wiki/1.0.0b2/liblas1.0.0b2-win32.zip.md5

Source Release