[Liblas-devel] Fwd: lastools

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 15:38:14 EST 2008

Hi Martin,

Begin forwarded message:

> From: isenburg at email.unc.edu
> Date: February 8, 2008 2:21:39 PM CST
> To: Howard Butler <hobu.inc at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: lastools
>
> hi howard,
>
> thanks for the update. i really appreciate the work you guys put
> into this.
>
> do you think it is possible to add a link to SCOP++ software on the
> wiki page (http://liblas.org/wiki/Software)
>
> DTM Software SCOP++
> http://www.inpho.de/index.php?seite=index_scope

Updated

> any news on LAS 2.0? i heard the specification was ratified at the
> ASPRS conferenz in Ottawa. but who wants to implement such a generic
> format. have you guys thought about that at all?

No, we haven't heard too much.  We spent some time swearing at it
profusely though ;)  Mateusz and I think there will be some
opportunity to put 2.0 under liblas, or at least do a liblas2 in the
mold of liblas's design (implementation hidden PIMPL stuff).  But
mostly we're just closing our eyes and going "la la la de da"... :)

I personally think LAS 2.0 is such a mess that vendors are going to
end up picking what they want to support with it -- causing las
1.0/1.1 to be the actual interchange formats and entrenching them even
more.

Let us know about the mailing list subscription (I can manually
subscribe you if you wish) or commit access.