[Liblas-devel] Preparing for a 1.0 release

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 00:15:04 EDT 2008

All,

I just recently completed geotiff key writing support for libLAS, and
I think we are very close to issuing a 1.0 release candidate.  This
email is a final query to see if anyone has identified any outstanding
issues that they would like to see resolved before making a release
candidate.

Here's a short list of stuff that's been done since 0.9.7:

- proper endianness support for big and little endian machines
- las2ogr is now available when libLAS is linked to GDAL
- geotiff key writing from proj.4 strings with the latest CVS libgeotiff
- VLR summary info is printed when lasinfo is issued
- las2las respects the --verbose switch
- las2las was using an incorrect system id http://liblas.org/ticket/56
- exit() calls in the utilities were normalized to behave similarly http://liblas.org/ticket/55
- The C API no longer uses void* for the opaque handles for more
compile-time type safety http://liblas.org/ticket/59
- stack corruption bug in las2las http://liblas.org/ticket/57

I notice there are some of the C++ unit tests and Python unit tests
failing due to the geotiff key support that I will fix before the
release.  I look forward to hearing of any experiences you have with
the library and if you see any final thing that needs to be done
before kicking 1.0 out the door.

Thanks,