[Liblas-devel] 1.0.0 Beta 1

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 17:46:27 EDT 2008

6/20/2008

All,

I am pleased to announce the release of libLAS 1.0.0b1.
Congratulations to all of the developers (especially Mateusz) who have
helped make this software a reality.  I think it has shaped up quite
nicely, and it's time to kick it out the door.  I propose that with
the 1.0.0 beta 1 release, we attempt to widely advertise and hope to
attract more testers.  I would like to aim for a 1.0.0 final release
by  July 31st, with the number of beta releases being anywhere from
one to three, depending on how much work is identified that needs to
be done.

Here's a short list of stuff that's been done since 0.9.7:

- proper endianness support for big and little endian machines http://liblas.org/ticket/48
- las2ogr is now available when libLAS is linked to GDAL http://liblas.org/ticket/32
- geotiff key writing from proj.4 strings with the latest CVS
libgeotiff http://liblas.org/ticket/39
- VLR summary info is printed when lasinfo is issued
- las2las respects the --verbose switch
- las2las was using an incorrect system id http://liblas.org/ticket/56
- las2las can be used to convert between 1.0 and 1.1 data by
specifying --format http://liblas.org/ticket/53
- exit() calls in the utilities were normalized to behave similarly http://liblas.org/ticket/55
- The C API no longer uses void* for the opaque handles for more
compile-time type safety http://liblas.org/ticket/59
- stack corruption bug in las2las http://liblas.org/ticket/57
- Use today's information upon initialization of a LASHeader http://liblas.org/ticket/60

Source release