[Liblas-devel] lasmerge in liblas

Gennady Khokhorin gok at aerometric-ak.com
Fri Jun 27 13:37:52 EDT 2008

Hello, Mateusz.
Have couple questions kind of about library design.

Did receive you liblas Beta 1 announce from one of my college:
http://lidarbb.cr.usgs.gov/index.php?showtopic=3700&pid=4622&st=0&#entry
4622
It is a great news that las is finally linked to GDAL. I'm using a lot
of GDAL
vector, raster functionality building stand-along apps.

So, as far as liblas is part of GDAL what the purpose of lasmerge
routine?
Should it be part of GDAL syntax like "ogr2ogr -append.." ?

In the past I did create driver for las (ASPRS), bin (TerraScan), cmp
(Optech),
xyz (text) lidar data formats with multiple operations: logical (merge,
split), spatial
(shift, reproject, VLR georeference), extract data (by time, by prizm).
I'm wonder what are team's plans to extend liblas to create such
features?
Or it will be up to GDAL?

Happy programming!

Gennady Khokhorin