[Liblas-devel] New win32 installer

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 12:28:08 EDT 2008

On Oct 25, 2008, at 5:26 PM, Neil Woodhouse wrote:

> I downloaded the latest installer for Win32 and was excited to see
> that it was standalone, i.e. I did not have to build the geoTIFF
> libraries. Taking the example code from the FAQ pages and building a
> simple console application. The code wanted the jpeg_osgeo.dll to be
> installed… Is the intent of the Win32 download or am I missing
> something? Would it would possible to include a  sample c or c++
> code with the installer?

Neil,

Our Win32 stuff isn't really an installer, and its intent was to just
provide some convenience for someone wanting to use the commandline
utilities.  As far as documentation, etc, I don't really want to put
that in the win32 zip file because I'd like to have libLAS' win32
story be OSGeo4W, rather than a standalone zip file.

If you have a patch for more documentation or example code, we would
gladly take it and incorporate it into the website.  I don't think it
is the intent of the packages to stand on their own at this point
without the website, however.