[Liblas-devel] PROJ4 / Georeference info?

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Oct 30 06:43:38 EDT 2008

Howard Butler pisze:

> On Oct 29, 2008, at 10:27 PM, Jason Woolard wrote:
>

>> Thanks for the great work here. The library is working quite well. I
>> have another quick question though. Sorry if I'm missing something
>> obvious.
>>
>> I'm trying to add projection and georeference info to LAS header files
>> that currently don't have any projection info. I was thinking
>> something like this would work:

>> '+proj=utm +zone=17 +ellps=WGS84 +units=m'
>> liblas.file.File('C:\\liblas_test\\debug_junk.las',mode='w', header=h)
>> '+proj=utm +zone=17 +ellps=WGS84 +units=m'
>> liblas.file.File('C:\\liblas_test\\debug_junk.las',mode='r')
>> ''
>> >>>

> You have to write a point to the file or it is not valid.  I guess we
> should update the wiki to reflect this...  I also wonder if maybe we
> should have the writer try to throw an exception when nPoints is 0...

Hobu,

I'm not convinced to throw on Zero records.
I believe that documenting it should be enough.
Perhaps we could add new functionality for LAS file validation.
This could go be added to LASReader/LASWriter or - my favorite - as a
new class, ie. LASValidator, where complex validation logic could be
implemented (Zero number of points included).

Best regards,