[Liblas-devel] Changeset 1237

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Apr 20 11:17:09 EDT 2009

Hobu,

"LIBGEOTIFF_VERSION is never defined by any of our configuration stuff.
What was the thought here?"

I know LIBGEOTIFF_VERSION is never defined anywhere in libLAS,
but it is defined by libgeotiff.
Now, if you build libLAS with GDAL (which includes libgeotiff in number
of places), but *without* libgeotiff explicitly, libLAS does not
compile. This is because:

1. This is true
#ifndef HAVE_LIBGEOTIFF

2. GDAL implicitly injects libgeotiff stuff into libLAS space, like

typedef struct GTIFS *GTIF;

So, we need to have extra test that assures
#ifndef HAVE_LIBGEOTIFF
is true only if both conditions are true: 1) libLAS is explicitly
configured with libgeotiff and 2) geotiff header is included.

Best regards,