[Liblas-devel] Questions use libLAS .NET binding

=?GB2312?B?1cW/ob3c?= junjiezhung at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 19:36:37 EST 2009

Hi everybody,

Happy new year 2010 and thank you for all your effort marking libLAS a
convenient tool dealing with LAS data! However I have some problems using
.NET binding of the libLAS in C#.

I am new to programming and I briefly describe my problems here:

   1. How to obtain/download the source files of libLAS so to generate .NET
   binding of the libLAS? I went on http://liblas.org/ and only find "Browse
   Source" link, where I still didn't find any downloads for those files.
   2. I also tried to read some of the achieves of liblas-devel-list and
   compiled dotnetLibLAS.dll from the source files in dotnetLibLAS folder. Then
   I added it as reference in a C# project and wrote a few code to test. Then
   when I tried to read a las file, I got a error saying “Unable to load DLL
   'liblas1.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from
   HRESULT: 0x8007007E)”. It seemed the dotnetLibLAS.dll was trying to call
   liblas1.dll. I found the liblas1.dll in the libLAS 1.2.1 release folder.
   However, it seemed I cannot add this liblas1.dll file as reference in C#
   application. It shows a error “A reference to the "liblas1. dll" could not
   be added. Please make sure that the file is accessible and that it is a
   valid assembly or COM component.”
   3. It seems the methods posted on the list a little bit hard for me to
   understand, as it used a lot of commands I don't quite understand. I am
   wondering is there any simple ways I can make use of the .NET binding of
   libLAS?

Thank you for your time looking into my problems.
Best regards,
Jason Zhang