[Liblas-devel] LAS 1.2 and libLAS 1.2

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 23:11:06 EST 2009

All,

I have received a commitment to fund the development of LAS 1.2 read/
write support.  Part of this effort will also include beefing up the
libgeotiff proj.4 translation functionality (it is currently quite
limited). I don't have much control over libgeotiff's release process,
but hopefully we can get that refreshed once the work is complete as
well.  I hope to have a beta release of libLAS with LAS 1.2 support by
the end of the month.  I propose that we also call the release "libLAS
1.2" to hopefully eliminate confusion with the various 1.x LAS
specifications to imply that libLAS does it all.  Version numbers are
cheap anyway ;)

I think we do have enough for an interim 1.0.1 release that fixes a
few tickets, mostly related to the Python bindings <http://liblas.org/query?status=closed&group=resolution&milestone=1.0.1
 >.  I will prepare this release in the next few days.

Follow http://liblas.org/milestone/1.2 to watch the progress

Thanks,