[Liblas-devel] LAS in gvSIG

Volker Wichmann wichmann at laserdata.at
Tue Mar 9 03:04:01 EST 2010

Hi,

I'v just read from the link that they use SEXTANTE extensions inside
gvSIG for the development of the analysis algorithms and would like to
let you know that SEXTANTE is in fact a java port of SAGA GIS,
implemented in C++. See http://www.saga-gis.org/

Within that last months we have implemented a new datatype for point
cloud processing in the SAGA API. Several modules allow for import (e.g.
ASCII or LAS via libLAS), analysis (filtering, interpolation), editing
(e.g. interactive cutting) and visualization (e.g. 3D Point Cloud Viewer).
In the meantime we've quite a nice set of basic tools to prepare lidar
data for further processing with SAGA's capabilities for digital terrain
analysis. Developers welcome!

For everybody interested, from time to time I build win32 and win64
snapshots from cvs to provide binaries that include all the changes made
since the SAGA 2.0.4 release. You can download them from
http://www.laserdata.at/saga_packages.html

Building on linux is easy and is described here:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/saga-gis/wiki/Compiling%20a%20Linux%20Unicode%20version

Volker