[Liblas-devel] Liblas + MPI for scalable processing

whatnick tisham at eleceng.adelaide.edu.au
Wed Oct 27 01:22:31 EDT 2010

Hi Folks,

I started a small experimental project (LGPL) to build a processing
architecture with Liblas beyond the simple utilities that come with core
Liblas. Since LAS files have unordered data, receiving message and writing
in any order works. I have implemented a small reclassification algrithm
which reclassifies with a raster mask and readds points within a threshold
of an IDW interpolated surface even if they are within the mask. We found
this useful for working with short vegetation.

I am looking for contributors to this project. Requirement is knowledge of
liblas and MPI. One particular utility would be parallel gridding
algorithms. Please let me know if you want Mercurial access.

Cheers,

Tisham.