[Liblas-devel] Need a very large LAS file

Gary Huber gary at garyhuberart.com
Wed Oct 27 18:29:45 EDT 2010

Hi Matt,

I've been using an 18 GB LAS file that I generated using a trial license of
Safe Software's FME Desktop. I imagine you'd be able to do the same easier
than I could send you the file. I do get an error in libLAS's cached reader
system when reading points from that huge file the second time. Somehow it
seems the istream becomes invalid. I haven't been able to figure out why. It
reads fine the first time and then part way through the second time when I
am seeking specific points and then reading a sequence of points that
follow. The process works fine on smaller files of only a milllion or so
points.

-Gary